Christmas, Recipes, FoodBlogged by: Recipearce30 Nov 2021
Cumin Spiced Cauliflower Salad
This sensational spiced cauliflower salad is a family favourite - and the perfect 'light enough to be a side, hearty enough to be a main' meal solution. With delicious Dukkah flavours, and bright popping pomegranite this side dish is sure to be a hit this Christmas Day.
1 head of cauliflower
1 red onion
1 tablespoon of dukkah + extra to sprinkle over top
1/4 cup of tahini
2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey
2 handfuls of parsley
1 handful of mint
2 tins of lentils
110g of baby capers
Wooden spoon to whack pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Chop florets off 1 head of cauliflower and slice 1 red onion into wedges and put into roasting
3. Drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of dukkah over the top. Toss.
4. Pop into the oven on 180C for approx. 40 mins
5. Make a dressing by mixing together 1/4 cup of tahini, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey, juice of 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of salt. Whisk around. Set aside.
6. Finely chop 2 handfuls of parsley and 1 handful of mint and add to a mixing bowl.
7. Add 2 tins of lentils (drained), 110g of baby capers and seeds of 2 pomegranates to mixing
8. Get cauliflower and onion out of the oven after 40 mins and add to the salad
9. Drizzle some dressing over the top, top with a squeeze of lemon, finish with a sprinkle of