Over and over again we hear that avocados are a great source of healthy fat. It keeps our skin supple and our skin shiny. So how do we keep the goodness of avocado healthy and tasting good in a homemade guac? Here are 5 tips to help you make the healthiest and tastiest guacamole you’ve ever had.
1. As you know, avocados can be one of the most difficult foods to determine ripeness. For the best avocado avoid both mushy and rock hard avacados. Ripe avocados should have a slight give when squeezed.
2. Acidity is essential for providing depth of flavour whilst keeping the quac green instead of brown. Classic guacamole uses lime, but any citrus will work – experiment!
3. Add spice for some metabolism boosting benefits. Try jalapeno, Serrano or other types of spices depending on your preference.
4. Add garlic. Crush cloves first with the back of a spoon or knife – it will help release the active compounds.
5. Add Cilantro for a detox boost. Cilantro helps the body’s natural cleansing processes.